Happy Monday people! Today is the start of another wonderful and busy week, so I am going to share with you a recipe, that can last in your fridge for 3 days. For you busy bees, who have no time to cook within the week sometimes, it’s a perfect lunch (or dinner for me at least)! Chickpeas are one of my favorite ingredient to work with, since in has endless possibilities and it’s packed with protein. I made this salad yesterday and it’s get better every day, since the ingredients mix together better, when the “sit”.
- 250 gr chickpeas (soaked in water overnight)
- parsley (the amount depends on you)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2-3 fresh onions
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/2 chilly pepper (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- lemon juice of half a lemon (or one if you like the extra sourness)
- 1 tsp agave syrup (or honey for vegetarians)
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- Wash the soaked chickpeas with plenty of water.
- boil the chickpeas until soft (the time depends on your oven, but it takes me about 20-30 mins)
- chop the ingredients finely (peppers, onion, garlic & parsley)
- prepare the dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl.
- drain and wash again with fresh cold water the chickpeas, when ready.
- drain the chickpeas well once more
- mix chickpeas, dressing and veggies very well together.
To my experience, the salad gets better if you let it “sit”, so prepare and eat the next day or a couple of hours once you make it. You can also use this salad as a side dish and or why not make a wrap with it! Enjoy!